Walking out under the stars
Left to ponder what is ahead
Wondering where you are
Trying to overcome my thoughts so dread
Upon a stream of glowing light
I look upon a dark sky above
My eyes take in a beautiful sight
I think of the one I love
A kiss to the heavens I send
I walk this trail alone
Hoping my heart reaches to you I pretend
All the way from here to home
I take these moonlight excursions
The rays of which fill me with aversion
To the pain I feel being apart
From the one who holds my heart.
Photo Credit: pixabay.com
January Writing Prompts
Love this version of this song. One of my favorites. Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas….
Another great song by this band. Very powerful song with a great video to go along with it.
This is a great remake of a classic Skynard song. Love this song as I can see a lot of myself in this song.
Love this song. I’m here giving ISIS a little Red, White and Blue welcome….
Love me some Sinatra….The chairman of the board. This song always reminds me of Vegas. A town my wife and I love to visit.
I love these video’s of Irish people trying different things, from food, to booze to so many different things. I will never try these hot pepper wings, I know better. I love hot food, but not this hot. I hope you enjoy it.
What am I thankful for on this Thanksgiving:
1. My Lord and Savior
2. My loving supportive wife
3. My 4 beautiful daughters
4. My 2 handsome son-in-laws
5. My Mother, who is always there for her family with a heart of gold
6. My Father and Step Mother, who show my wife and children so much love
7. My Sister who I miss dearly each and every day
8. My Big Brother, you will always be that to me.
9. My Nieces and Nephews who have grown up so well
10. My other brother(and my nephew who is so full of life and wonder) and sister (and her wonderful husband) who I see to little of.
11. My In-laws who have always giving us support and been there for us and our children when needed. Always giving such words and of encouragement and love.
12. My friends who I may not always agree with, but they will always be my friends first.
13. My Army Buddies, it is a rare breed which we are, but even though we see each other so little, so close we still are.
14. Being able to still do the job I love, serving the country I love and has given me so much.
15. I am thankful for so much more and more, I could go on forever.
16. May your Thanksgiving be full of the blessings from our Lord above. Count your blessings, you may find more than you realize.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL……
The other night I was texting with my lovely beautiful wife and she asked me if I was bored. I am currently staying in a room that I would say is heat challenged. So my reply to her was;
“Pretty much! Shivering in the cold only keeps you entertained for so long”
I was bundled up in warm clothes under the covers in my bed. Got to love the Army. I have had to deal with worse. Sleeping in a tent in Korea in the middle of winter. Being in the middle of the Iraq desert in the middle of winter and growing up in Wisconsin, I have had to deal with cold weather. I’m currently in Louisiana and you would figure it might be a little warmer. NOT! Hope you all have a warm and wonderful day.